Monday, February 28, 2011

Mary had a little lamb ... for lunch

I bought some minced lamb at the grocery store because it was next to the minced beef and was cheaper so I thought why not (although I acknowledge this is probably not the smartest meat-purchasing strategy). But then I had to find a recipe for what to do with it so I scoped out Epicurious per my usual. I settled on this recipe for Lamb Kofte with Yogurt Sauce since I had the ingredients on hand and oh man, am I glad I did.

I made the meatballs and yogurt sauce per the recipe but replaced the onions with tomatoes and cucumbers and passed on the muhammara. My meatballs were a little malformed but it was so juicy and delicious! The prep was fast, too, which is not a prerequisite for a tasty lunch but is always a bonus. I recommend you invite yourself over to my house for lunch sometime and make me make this for you.  Or you can make it and invite me over, you know, whichevs.

Mint + Lamb = Meatball Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment